This year our weekend at Avon Tyrrell was full to capacity very quickly, and the applications are going the same way for the September weekend at the Hollowford Centre!
The CCAA annual weekends are organised for the children and families that are dealing with the effects of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) and they are open to any family of a child with JIA. For 25 years, we have been organising weekends of fun activities for the kids and informative support sessions for the families. Not only is the weekend a perfect opportunity for your family to meet and share experiences with other families. The children meet others in similar situations and often long lasting friendships are made and it is also a chance for all of you to find out more about the treatment and management of JIA.
The CCAA is fortunate to have the support of Health Professionals from across the country to take part in the information sessions for parents; all who give their time for free over the course of the weekend. Whilst the parents sessions are happening the children have the opportunity to take part in some fantastic activities such as the high and low ropes, archery, raft building, shelter building, kayaking and canoeing. There is so much fun to be had!
- Venue – The venue for our September weekend will be Hollowford Centre, set within the Peak District. For more information visit their website https://www.lindleyeducationaltrust.org/
- Date – The weekend starts on Friday 22nd September and finishes in the afternoon on Sunday 24th September 2017.
- What’s Included – Throughout the weekend we will provide full board accommodation (including snacks throughout the day for the children and tea and coffees for the parents’ sessions).
- Accommodation – The accommodation will be family rooms with bathroom facilities in the rooms and a shared kitchen/lounge area. The venue is a hostel.
- Parents Sessions – The focus of the weekend is providing you with as much as information as we can to help you and your child, therefore workshops and talks are compulsory for all members of the family (except for the children who will be taking part on activities).
- Crèche – There are crèche facilities provided for the under 5s. So, whilst you are in the parent sessions our qualified staff will look after your little one. One of our committee member’s, is a preschool teacher and she has so many wonderful and fun activities planned for the children in the crèche!
Contribution towards the weekend:
The total expenditure for each of the CCAA weekend’s is around £14,500. For this reason, we kindly ask for a contribution of £30 per person towards the cost of the weekend (to a maximum of £120 per family). This donation includes full board accommodation and all activities throughout the weekend. We are of course, very grateful for any additional donations!
Interested in Applying?
If you are interested in joining us, you can apply via our online form.